The PLPA has been active in recent years applying for watershed restoration grants to help restore Pleasant Lake’s water quality and watershed. This effort all started with a 2014 NHDES 604(b) grant application to establish a Watershed Restoration Plan for Pleasant Lake. This initial project identified the major pollutant sources for Pleasant Lake (and opportunities for future grant applications!) and created a baseline of environmental parameters to examine Pleasant Lake’s water quality and ecosystem health.
Below is a list of grants the PLPA has applied for, identifying those grants that were accepted (and not).
- NHDES Section 604(b) of the Clean Water Act: Pleasant Lake Watershed Restoration Plan Project, December 2014, RECEIVED, $50,000
- NHDES Watershed Assistance Grant: Pleasant Lake Watershed Plan Implementation, Phase II, October 2016, NOT ACCEPTED, $75,000
- NHDES Watershed Assistance Grant: Watershed Restoration Plan Implementation Phase I: Gulf Road Best Management Practices, October 2016, RECEIVED, $90,000
- Patagonia Grant: Protecting A New Hampshire Lake: Targeted Pleasant Lake Shoreline Restoration to Decrease Stormwater Runoff Project, 2017, NOT ACCEPTED, $15,000
- NH Depart. of Agriculture, NH State Conservation Commission (Moose Plate Grant): Pleasant Lake Shoreline Restoration Project, FY2018, NOT ACCEPTED, $24,000
- NH Depart. of Agriculture, NH State Conservation Commission (Moose Plate Grant): Restoring Pleasant Lake: A Stormwater Education & Improvement Project, FY2019, RECEIVED, $20,000
- NHDES Watershed Assistance Grant, Pleasant Lake Watershed Restoration Plan Implementation Phase II: Rt 107 Inlet Subwatershed BMPs, April 2019, RECEIVED, $50,946